Fall Out Boy // Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy
OTW’s 7 Wonders membership drive to raise $70,000 by Oct 27 starts now. We need everyone]s help so find out more
Another flag burns.#shawshooting
holy shit. no noo no no no i do NOT care the cause, i don’t CARE what the supreme court says you do NOT fucking burn the flag what the FUCK is your problem. disrespectful bags of shit oh my GOD
That thing where a certain group of people are more outraged over a piece of polysynthetic fiber than the horrific loss of Black life in this country.
Polysynthetic fiber that probably had Made In China tagged on it somewhere, and passed through the hands of sweatshop workers. Don’t act like that’s holy somehow, dumbasses.
You know what is holy? HUMAN LIFE.
1. flag burning is a constitutionally protected form of free speech.
2. flag burning is a visceral and explicit visual analogue to people’s feelings of anger, fear, revulsion and betrayal at the state’s tacit endorsement of the outright murder of black people (yes, refusing to arrest murderers or investigate crimes is a tacit endorsement).
3. why respect a country whose actors (cops, courts, legislators) are killing you? respect is earned and reciprocal.
4. you can disagree with people’s actions, and the actions of the country as a whole, and still love your country and care for your fellow citizens. people are complex.
5. arguably, protest and civil disobedience are acts of patriotism, or even love. effective civil disobedience in defense of citizens rights serves the interests of all people and makes the country better as a whole. without people willing to speak out about what’s going wrong, how are we ever going get better?
but mostly: flag burning is a constitutionally protected form of free speech.
Steve ‘did it hurt - a little’ Rogers
#/SCREAMS ABOUT HOW SKINNY!STEVE’S CHRONIC PAIN PROBABLY FUCKED UP HIS PERCEPTION OF PAIN FOR LIFE #STEVE ROGERS ‘OKAY YEAH THAT’S UNPLEASANT’ WOULD PARALYSE ANYONE ELSE #AND THAT’S NOT THE SERUM #THAT’S SKINNY STEVE THROUGH AND THROUGH (via beccabuchanans)
Don’t even start me on the fact he’s spent his whole life trying not to make a big deal of when he’s ill. He doesn’t want pity or sympathy. He doesn’t wanted to be treated like he’s weak. He doesn’t want to be looked down on because ‘he can’t take it’.
You only ever hear Steve Rogers scream once, and when he thinks people think he’s being weak, he stops and never screams again. Not unless you count the moment he sees Bucky fall to his death.
I think this all bodes well
10 questions to never ask a transgender person by Laura Jane Grace
Today’s Gender of the day is: Not Telling
maybe i’ll just sit here and bleed at you
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library | Via
Yale University’s Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library is the largest building in the world dedicated to the containment and preservation of rare books, manuscripts, and documents. Completed in 1963 and situated on Yale University’s campus, in New Haven, Connecticut, the library has room for approximately 780,000 volumes. Currently, it holds about 500,000 volumes and several million manuscripts including the original Gutenberg Bible and the mysterious Voynich manuscript, among several others.
Before the construction of the library, rare and valuable books of the Library of Yale College were placed on special shelving at the College Library, now known as Dwight Hall. Later in 1930, when the Sterling Memorial Library was being built, the university created a dedicated reading room for its rare books. As the collection grew, Sterling’s reading room became too small and unsuitable for preservation of the delicate manuscripts, and the need for a larger library was felt.